Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Difficult Second Night

Tuesday 8th August

It seems that most folk reading this are more interested in my flat share troubles, than in the show. Just to update you all, despite telling my current flatmate at least four times that I’m unavailable for two weeks, he’s been texting and leaving me notes asking when I can be available to let folk look at the room.

I did get an e-mail from an 18 year old girl enquiring about the room. I replied letting her know that I was not 18, and haven’t heard from her since.

So back to Edinburgh and the show. On the bus through I sat back with my CD Player and let the 60 year old with 3 fingers missing and the gang tattoos tell Graeme and Victoria about his days running with the street gangs.

Our PR girl doesn’t seem to have made much of a dent in the media coverage market. She hasn’t even been through to Edinburgh so far. First of all claiming illness, now apparently she won’t come along unless she gets travel expenses. She’s travelling from Clydebank.

We’re cross flyering with Caroline’s show Behind Closed Doors. They certainly seem to be doing better than us in terms of getting an audience. Though that could have something to do with Caroline and the other girls flyering in fetish gear.

We wandered around town handing out flyers. Though to be fair I mainly wisecracked while Victoria handed out some. Graeme dished out a few as well, but grew self conscious when I commented that in his strong Glaswegian accent his sales pitch sounded like “Come moan an’ see oor show. It’ll be brill’nt”. Okay scary man.

Victoria seemed quite nervous this evening, as some of her former workmates were coming along. I say ‘seemed’ but ‘told us repeatedly’ would be more accurate.

So the second night, will it match up to the standards of the opening show?

Naw. Tonight was a shambles.

It was a bit flat in places and again there was quite a lot of corpsing. I think the two of them are tiring of my Mr. Pink style “Am I the only professional?” rants.

The scene in the middle of the show seems to be the problem. My only involvement in that scene is throwing a prop onstage, though that seems to be one of the major causes of cast crack-up.

Lines weren’t so much missed as in all the wrong places. This caused me to worry at one point that a ten-minute scene was about to last 2 minutes as we had jumped over several minutes of dialogue. Graeme controlled it well, going back and covering it all.

The audience numbered around 12 and most of them laughed in a lot of the right places.

My shaved chest has now turned into a blotchy red rash.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fraser said...

You have to moisturise man!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I have been mostuirising. Mosturising like a madman.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home