Tuesday, August 15, 2006

*

After an evening off watching Doug Stanhope in Glasgow it's back to Edinburgh today. This morning we awoke to The Scotsman's review of Sunday's show. And what do you know it's terrible. No real surprises. I am not surprised that a high-brow critic hated it. I've been reading Claire Black's one star reviews out loud on the bus to the other two all last week.

I've reprinted it here as you have to register to read it.

Trans-Canada Highway

*


CLAIRE BLACK


GREYFRIARS KIRK HOUSE (VENUE 28)

WHAT would make anyone pick a Canadian setting for their show when none of the cast can do a Canadian accent? Maybe they thought it would add quirky charm to the jokes. Maybe they thought the strength of the comedy would distract the audience from the fact that everyone (apart from Victoria who's an Australian hitching in Canada) sounds like they're from Anniesland rather than Alberta. Aiming to be surreal, this show's just weird, but not in a good way.

• Until 20 August. Today 8pm


To paraphrase David O'Doherty, what do stars matter? Jesus only had one star when he was born. Does that make him rubbish?

Funny, I never once thought it aimed to be surreal. And I don't think it was ever Victoria's intention either.

I wonder what difference it'll make to the second week's run. Apparently there are 17 pre-booked tickets for tonight, which would make for the biggest audience so far.

I expect a few of you are wondering what's been happening at my flat. Well, a guy called Paul came round on Saturday morning, saw the room and said he'd like to move in on the 26th. My outgoing flatmate and myself said, yeah fine and that was that.

Only the plum texted my flatmate today to say that he was 'no longer interested'. Note he used the word 'interested' after having said that he would move in. 'Interested'. Renting a room, especially when I'm not the landlord isn't like selling a house. I can't get lawyers involved and no point in getting them to sign a contract so that they'll move in when they say they will.

You just have to trust that people aren't timewasting dicks who think that their time is more important than yours. So turns out that Paul Gratton is one of those time wasting dicks. Misery waits for the cunt round every corner, I hope.

So while I am here if you are a non-time wasting dick and want a room in the west end of Glasgow for £240 a month, drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home